How Smoking Effects Your Lungs
In our class we did an experiment to show how bad smoking is for your lungs and this is our investigation
QUESTION: Does smoking effect your lungs?
MATERIALS: 2 cigarettes, some cotton wool, a bottle, a lighter
- Step 1: Take off the cap and place the cotton in the top of the bottle.
- Step 2: Cut a hole in the cap of the bottle and screw it back onto the top of the bottle.
- Step 3: Put the cigarette in the hole in the cap of the bottle and light the cigarette with the lighter.
- Step 4: Squeeze bottle to push out the air and when you release it will suck the air in as if you were breathing.
- Step 5:After a while of squeezing swap out the cigarette for a new one then light it and put it back in the hole in the cap.
Result: The cotton turned dark brown after 2 cigarettes.
Conclusion: Smoking causes damage to your lungs.
We really enjoyed doing this experiment and seeing the results. I don’t think I will ever smoke now.
BY JAKE D