About two weeks ago one evening and the school picked some fresh courgettes from our big school garden. One of them was a little too big, so they thought of ways to use it. Ms Sheridan, one of the teachers in our school decided that she should do some baking with the 6th class boys. It was simple enough to do, it is made like banana bread.
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 Quarter Tablespoon Nutmeg
- Half A Tablespoon Bread Soda
- Half A Tablespoon Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C for a fan oven and 160 for a gas oven. Butter and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment. Put the eggs, oil and sugar and whisk, then add the courgettes and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the other ingredients with a pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mix and pour into the tin. Bake for 1 hour and then cool and serve!
After a long time of baking, most of the class tried it and said it was sweet and delicious! We gave some to another class. I look forward to keeping you updated with the goings on in the Castle throughout the year!